[Recommended] Three Early Childhood Professionals
- Review the media segment “Diversity and Equity Work: Lessons Learned.” Focus on the three key themes of this conversation:
- The “lessons” each of the three early childhood professionals and visionaries learned from their deeply engaged scholarly and practical commitment to diversity, equity and social justice
- The personal characteristics/dispositions each believe to be exceptionally significant and supportive of their diversity work
- The role of passion in their work
- Consider your responses to the following questions:
- What are the three most significant “lessons” that I have learned from studying issues related to diversity, equity, and social justice in this course—and what makes them significant?
- Which of my personal characteristics/dispositions do I consider to be my most valuable asset for my work with children and families from varied backgrounds—and for what reason(s)?
- Thinking about the statement, made by one of the panelists, “the passion comes from the vision”: What is your interpretation of this statement, and in what way(s), if any, can you relate to the connection implied between professional passion and a vision regarding diversity?