[Recommended] Shifting Spaces Requires Changing
Please answer ANY ONE question in a Powerpoint presentation designed to share with your School Improvement Team with the goal of convincing them that change in this identified area is needed.
- Would you want to learn in the same classrooms and spaces as well as under the same conditions as all your learners? Why or why not?
- How might you change the structure and function of your buildings to better support learning? Where are the areas of opportunity?
- Shifting spaces requires changing pedagogy. Do the spaces in your school or district match your desired pedagogy?
- How are devices being used in your school(s)? What needs to change or be improved?
For each question, integrate EACH of the following in your answers:
- Theory and facts from the textbook including the philosophy/utopian view of how the concept should be used or incorporated into education into a highly effective school
- A personal connection with the concept and justify your rationale. Why is there a need to transform the learning spaces?
- As a leader, how will you maximize & integrate this within your school or department? How will you support the staff with the implementation of this project? Give specific examples.
- How should this concept look from a leadership standpoint i.e. what would you do as a leader to maximize this concept at your school?
- How would you assess the effectiveness of your initiative or vision with the key stakeholders (students, staff, and parents)? That is, how will you know if transforming the specific learning spaces was a smart decision?
Powerpoint presentation must haves:
- All parts of the selected question must be fully addressed; All parts of the task must also fully support the theme/content of the presentation
- Each slide must be unique & have different graphics/ pictures that are attractive (size and colors) and support the theme/content of the presentation
- Minimum of 8 professional & presentation worthy slides