[Recommended] Please Observe 2 Support
Homework: Observation of a Virtual OPEN AA/NA or any support group meeting, due Monday at 1700
Use the following link to find a virtual AA meeting that fits your schedule. Remember to only attend an OPEN meeting that is not for members only. You can also google search any other support group that interests you.
Support Group Reflection Journal: Answer the following questions in a Word Document
- What type of meeting did you attend? Which day and time?
- What did you discover that you did not know about the support group?
- What did you learn about the group you attended and how do you feel about it?
- How is this experience helping you learn about nursing care of people with mental health challenges?
- Describe something you saw that troubled you and how do you think it could have been handled?
- Was there something you noticed that will impact on your nursing career? Describe.
NOTE PLEASE: Please attend 2 additional virtual or in-person support group meetings to get more observational clinical hours for mental health. You attended an AA meeting already, but if you would like to attend another AA meeting or perhaps a NA, narcotics anonymous meeting this time this is fine. There are other community support groups too that you could attend, such as gambler’s anonymous, over-eaters anonymous. You can decide, but please observe 2 support groups before week 10 and write a reflective journal on your observations and what you learned about the two experiences.