[Recommended] Pedagogical Strategies Supporting Social
With regard to the two articles by Boutte and Hyland about social justice in early childhood environments:
- Why does Boutte speak about “love” and “hate” in relation to social justice?
- Which two examples does Boutte provide that illustrate misconceptions about diversity and which, in her opinion, contribute to inequities and injustices?
- What pedagogical strategies supporting social justice does the author present?
- What is the key difference between culturally relevant pedagogy and critical pedagogy?
- How are issues of power and inequity addressed in either of these pedagogies?
- What relevant insight about social justice in early childhood environment did you gain from studying these two articles?