[Recommended] “ Integrated Computing ”
- What are the five major components that make up an information system?
- List the three examples of information system hardware?
- Microsoft Windows is an example of which component of information systems?
- What is application software?
- What roles do people play in information systems
- Everyone interacts with various information systems every day: at the grocery store, at work, at school, even in our cars. Make a list of the different information systems you interact with daily. Can you identify the technologies, people, and processes involved in making these systems work.
- Write your own description of what the term information systems hardware means.
- What has lead to the shift toward mobility in computing?
- What is the impact of Moore’s Law on the various hardware components described in this chapter?
- Write a one page summary of one of the items linked to in the “Integrated Computing” section.
- Explain why the personal computer is now considered a commodity.
- The CPU can also be thought of as the _____________ of the computer.
- List the units of measure for data storage in increasing order from smallest to largest, kilobyte to yottabyte.
- What is the bus of a computer?
- Name two differences between RAM and a hard disk.
- What are the advantages of solid-state drives over hard disks?