[Recommended] Form Including Feedback
3-page paper about what you learned from the experience (We had to take turns interviewing each other as a paralegal and had to fill out a form), including feedback about how both you and your partner handled the initial telephonic contact, the professional email follow-up, and the initial client interview (i.e., Was s/he prepared? Did s/he explain the purpose of the interview? Was confidentiality mentioned, etc.?)
During the Client Interview Alexis and I both
- I wore a nice blouse, with black dress pants with, small pearl earrings.
-Conducted the Interview through Zoom
-Was very nice and professional
-Spoke proper grammar
-Asked great questions
-Both sat at our desk
-As I was interviewing Alexis I made sure I kept it very professional.
-As I was interviewing Alexis I made sure I kept eye contact.
Things I Learned during the interview
-That you have to have good listening skills
-Chapter 13 stated that – When interviewing a client, it is important to pay close attention to what he or she is saying and to convey to him or her that you are actually listening. (Luppino J.D and Miller, 2019)
-I learned that you have to emphasize with your clients. (As she was talking about her divorce and her husband dealing with drug abuse I let her know that she has every right to feel the way she feel)
Before the actual interview
-I greeted Mrs. Smith with a smile and welcomed her virtually.
-To make Alexis feel comfortable we started with small talk before we got into the actual
When the interview started
- I started by explaining to Mrs. Smith my role as a paralegal.
- During the interview process I made sure I told my client Alexis that as a paralegal I am never to give legal advice.
- I started by getting an understanding of what is causing the divorce. She stated that Mr. Smith had a serious drug abuse/alcoholism problem.
initial telephonic contact
-Me and my partner both did an amazing job on the telephone contact interview.
-She was very professional
-She greeted me professionally
-She was nice and on point
the professional email follow-up
-Me and my partner both did an amazing job for this.
- She started the email with greetings
- She let me know who it was emailing me
- She followed up to let me know when our next appointment was
- She let me know what documents to send her
- As well as I did the same
-During each interview Alexis was very prepared and professional
-Alexis also explained the purpose the interview
Luppino J.D, G. and Miller, J., 2019. Family Law and Practice. 5th ed. Pearson.