[Recommended] Crisis Communications Plan Utilized
It will be the student’s responsibility to take the initiative to identify and schedule an appointment with a professional working in the field. You are responsible for interviewing a professional working in the criminal justice/public safety discipline. The person should be a director, a police chief, or senior executive in public safety, a first line supervisor or a professional emergency manager. Identify an individual who has actually been in a leadership role when a crisis occurred in their organization. Your written synopsis of the interview should include:
- A brief overview of the critical incident.
- A discussion of the leadership traits that were utilized to lead the crisis; was there a plan in place prior to the crisis and was there a crisis communications plan utilized?
- Finally, identify what steps the leader took to prepare them to effectively lead in a crisis situation.
- During the course of their career, what proactive steps did they take (training, professional development, diverse work experiences, etc.) to become a successful crisis manager & leader.
- How would you relate the findings of your interview with the reading materials for this week?
- Papers should be four (4) pages in length in APA format.