[Recommended] Cpt Manual Contain Guidelines
Read classmates post and respond with 100 words:
Important points regarding the format of the CPT manual:
1) The CPT manual is categorized into six sections: Evaluation and Management, Anesthesia, Surgery, Radiology, Pathology and Laboratory, and Medicine.
2) The CPT codes are arranged in numerical order to make it easier to locate the correct code,
3) Each section of the CPT manual contain guidelines for the coder to follow. There are also symbols at the bottom of each page and a short definition of each symbol that is listed.
1) A triangle that is in front of a code means that the description for a code has been changed since the last edition was released.
2) A bullet symbol in front of a code indicates that the code is new.
3) The pound symbol before a code means that the code is re-sequenced.
Carol J. Buck, Saunders (2022). Step-By-Step Medical Coding, by Carol J. Buck, Saunders.